Saturday 1 September 2012

Allow Me To Introduce Myself

Hi there!  My name is Tyler James Brightman.  (Please don't call me Ty.  I don't like nicknames, especially that one.)  I'm 22 years old and I live on Prince Edward Island.  For those of you who don't know, that's in Canada.   My birthday is 16th December, and in case anyone's interested, that means my astrological sign is Sagittarius.   Sagittarians are supposed to be wanderers and truth-seekers, which I think describes me well.  I love to travel to new places, meet new people and learn new things.   We're also supposed to be optimistic, good-tempered and smart.   I think I'm an easygoing guy, but I'll leave it up to you to decide whether or not I'm smart. 

Currently, I live in a pretty full house.  First of all, there's Sapphire.  She owns the house we all live in, and she's kind of like the den mother to us all.   There's also Sapphire's dog Grace, and of course there's me, my family and our friends.   You'll be seeing a lot more of them as time goes on.  For now,  I'll just tell you the basics.   I have a fraternal twin brother, Michael.  His fiancée is Andromeda (we call her Rommie) and they have two children, Cleo and Jack.   My partner Sini lives here, and we have a daughter called Skyla Blue.   Some people think Sini and I are an odd couple, and maybe we are, but we're perfectly happy with one another.    What other people think of our relationship really doesn't matter to us.  Sini is the best and most beautiful person, and I'm thankful for her every day.   The story of how Sini and I met is one that I might decide to tell all of you some day.   Our household also includes several friends, namely Cassie, Radek, and Hunter. There's also Rommie's brother Xander who, I'm sorry to say, I don't get along with. 

So...about me?  I guess the most important thing for you to know about me is that I'm blind.  Before you start feeling sad about that, let me reassure you that just because I can't see it doesn't mean that I have an unhappy or boring life.  Sure, I have to do things differently than other people, but there's always a way to do what I want to do.  I help take care of my daughter, niece and nephew, and I help with the household chores sometimes.  I play the guitar and I love making music with friends.   I like to explore, play outside, work in the garden, read, and just hang out with the crew around here.   The nice thing about living with Sapphire is that she understands what it's like, not to be able to see.  Although she's not totally blind, like me, she is visually impaired.  I'm sure at this point you're wondering how, if she's legally blind, she manages to take all these photos.  She says you should visit her flickr account, and maybe send her a message.   She'll happily chat with  you about it.

Anyway, here is a photo of me:




take care!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would you like to share your thoughts? Please leave me a comment!