Thursday 21 March 2013

Long Time No See

Hey everyone!

Wow...it's been a long time since I posted anything here.  My apologies for dropping out of sight.  I've had a busy winter with work and school and lots of other things.

It's also been a little stressful around here for the past couple of months because we've all had to pull together and manage the house ourselves.     Sapphire was in an accident in January.  She was in hospital, and she even had to have an operation.   I have to say, we were all pretty scared and worried about her.   Some friends of hers stopped by here on the day that it happened and they told us about it.  They took Sapphire's dog with them when they left so that we wouldn't have to deal with taking care of her, at least.  None of us knew what to think after that.   If the dog went to stay with Sapphire's friends, that meant no one knew for sure when Sapphire would be back.

The next day, Sapphire's parents came to the house.   We'd met them at Christmas, but no one ever expected to see them back so soon.   When they went to see Sapphire in the hospital, I asked if I could come with them.  Everyone agreed that at least one of the tenants should go see her and find out what was going on.

After she got out of the hospital, Sapphire went to stay at her parents' house.  She was gone for seven weeks which, to me, seemed like forever.   We all managed to care of the house and ourselves while she was gone, but we missed her like crazy.    When she finally came home again, she hugged us all and said she'd missed us, too.   She thanked us for being responsible and looking after the house so well.   The praise was nice but, honestly, we were just happy to have her back.   I think I speak for everyone here when I say she's more to us than just the landlady.

She's doing a lot better now, and things are getting back to normal around here.  We're all very grateful for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would you like to share your thoughts? Please leave me a comment!