Sunday 12 May 2013

Suddenly, It's Spring

This post isn't really about anything.  Sapphire just wants to share some pictures and apparently she thinks my blog is her photo gallery.   I'm supposed to comment on photos I can't see?  Brilliant.   She needs to get her own blog.

So, I'm going to talk about the weather, if you don't mind.  

I think winter is finally over at last. We've been having unusually cold weather so far this year, and although it's technically spring, the temperatures haven`t felt like that.   This weekend, though,  the weather showed some dramatic improvement.  It was actually warm enough to wear shorts.


Rommie and Michael brought their kids out to play.  They decided to take a family picture first,  though, before Cleo and Jack got too many grass stains on their clothes.   I think this might be the first time I've posted a picture of my niece and nephew.   My apologies for not showing them to you before.


I wasn't particularly worried about grass stains.  Part of the fun in playing outside is crawling around in the grass, looking for interesting things. 


Another thing I like about warm weather is that we get to eat ice cream.   Pax had his first ice cream cone this weekend, which he loved.  None of us were surprised by that, really.  The kid has an insatiable sweet tooth.   He wanted to try every flavour Sapphire had in the freezer, and decided in the end that his favourite is chocolate.  I'm a plain vanilla kind of guy, myself.


Oh, and since it's Mother's Day, happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Would you like to share your thoughts? Please leave me a comment!